Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Wednesday Wellness - August #1

  

Wednesday Wellness - August #1


I feel like I would benefit from some accountability, so I'm going to set some Wellness goals here, and then track my progress.


Fitness:

- Do cardiovascular movement five days out of seven. (The humidity here currently has knocked me slightly off my game)

- Do strength training at the gym three days each week. (I struggle to make myself workout indoors vs outside)


Weight:

- Continue to remain within my self-set maintenance range of 108 - 110 pounds. I'm currently 111 as of this morning, after four days in a row of events involving meals. I expect to be back within my goal range by tomorrow,*  given that I'll be out on the water kayaking all day today.

* Done!


Water:

- Consistently consume four glasses a day.


Long Range Goal:

- Find a long distance event to sign up and train for. I enjoy both the training for, and the sense of accomplishment achieved at completion.


6 comments:

  1. Good heskrht goals. With my hip, I really am being conscious of doing more resistance exercises to nuildcrangecandcstrength. My arms are very weak, so adding some light weights when I walk alone or pysh the stroller but hard to do that with the big dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think pushing your pup would build strength if he is larger. I need a weight room buddy as an extrovert. So, I'm thinking of taking a weight class to ensure I can work out & benefit from the energy of other people.

      Delete
  2. Great goals. I am trying to get walking more as I noticed in July I just sat too much. I am also trying drink more water too! I have started having a cup at breakfast and it's really helped me start my day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm starting my day with a glass of water as well! I force myself to drink it before I have my coffee. And same before lunch.

      Delete
  3. Just found your site. Going thru your backlog of posts. Appreciate all you share. Looking back at your weight loss journey. Finally found a reason to use ChatGPT. I take a pic of my food and it tells me the calorie content and if it is mediterranean friendly. It then logs each meal and totals for the day, the week, etc! So so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great tool to build into your daily plan, Maureen! I do likewise, though I generally rely on Google search more than ChatGPT. I rarely walk into a restaurant or food event without having done some recon and come up with my food plan.

      Delete