It's a misty-raining kind of morning here, and I'm currently cozied up inside with a cup of coffee feeling snug, so here are five things making me extra happy today:
- I did my Thanksgiving grocery shopping, yeah! I've been so busy here lately, that I was woefully behind in making up my Thanksgiving menu and shopping list. Yesterday I finally sat down and went through this week's grocery circulars to see who was offering what turkey deals, and ending up getting my nice 18 pounder for just 47 cents a pound once I met the store's $20 purchase requirement. And even better, I got to the $20 requirement by only buying items that were on sale, so it was a win/win all around.
- I worked a tide pool shift at this beautiful cove and enjoyed the most gorgeous sunset at the end of my shift. Plus enjoyed seeing harbor seals, dolphins, and this rarely sighted giant key hole limpet that had wandered into our tidepools overnight.
- I went on two hikes with a new group this week, and not only were the hikes wonderful, so were the people, most of whom were energetic retirees. This group not only hikes together twice a week, but also do kayaking and biking excursions around S. Orange County, and I am so very pleased to have found them!
- Yesterday I was outside wearing a big straw hat when my three year old granddaughter called to FaceTime me, and when she saw me in the hat she asked, "Where's your horse, Nana?" I died.
- And finally, today is my dad's 81st birthday, and when I called him to say 'Happy Birthday' he was already out and about doing one of the things he most enjoys in his adopted home state of Texas - shooting his old black powder musket at a firing range. I am forever thankful I for the things he taught me over my lifetime, that being to never give up, and never stop doing. I'm so happy to still have him in my life, in spite of the things we don't necessarily see eye to eye on (like guns). Love you Dad!
Your turn! What's making you happy today? Please share below.