Weekend Wrap Up - Exhausted!
My spouse and I were at dinner with our next door neighbors last night, and I commented that I realized increasingly that my best life is lived when I keep my foot on the gas. And boy, am I feeling that this morning. It was a fabulous weekend, it truly was, but I am tired, tired, tired this morning.
But it's a good tired!
So here's how our weekend went -
Friday - Spent the morning running errands, including helping my mom with a few minor things at her place. Returned home to pack a picnic dinner and head out to wait in line for a pre-paid for table at a tribute concert we were attending. The table seating was guaranteed, but the location of the tables were first come, first served. We did end up right in front with our friends, and the concert, a Fleetwood Mac tribute, was fantastic. The vocals were solid, not necessarily the best I've covers I've heard, but the musicianship was stellar, particularly the electric guitarists, and we were close enough to really absorb and take it in. Which then meant that I couldn't fall asleep for hours after returning home because I was so exhilarated by the experience. LOL.
Saturday - Met one of my walking groups for a fast paced beach walk, followed by coffee at a nearby spot. Both the walk and the after-gathering were fun, with lots of enjoyable conversation occurring. Home just about in time for lunch and a little bit of downtime to read, then got ready/dressed for an evening fund raising event for a local playhouse we support. The event was a showcase of Broadway songs sung by a cadre of talented cast members, and we just had a great time . . . again!
I was able to fall asleep pretty quickly, as the only musician was a keyboard player and they kept to the script, so to speak. Whew!
Sunday - My mom came over in order to attend a Classic Car show that occurs here each summer, and that is one of our area's annual highlights. There were over 300 beautiful cars displayed of every make, model and color imaginable, and the people watching was almost as much fun.
![]() |
From a photo booth at the car show. My aging mom's continued, ongoing enthusiasm for doing anything and everything is a daily and powerful lesson I try to take in and apply as well. |
After walking thru to see as many of the cars as we could, my spouse and Mom left for home, while I remained to help man a booth for one of my volunteer organizations. After my shift was over, I returned home just in time to change and meet up with our neighbors to walk over to dinner at a nearby restaurant we all enjoy. We had a really fun time together, coming away with several ideas on what to get together to do next. I call this the 'so on and so on' factor of putting out energy. The more I put out, the more that seems to return back.
I'm off shortly to sit with my ill girlfriend for a bit in order to give her husband a bit of a break, than back here to meet my spouse for a walk at the beach.
I hope your weekend was likewise enjoyable, and that you have a good Monday, wherever you are!

No comments:
Post a Comment