Wednesday Wellness - September #1
My takeaway for the week is that maintaining my weight loss is very, very doable at this point, but it still takes making deliberate, conscious eating decisions each and every day.
Maintenance is almost the same amount of effort as weight loss was, just with immediate vs future rewards. Which I'll take.
Weight:
- Continue to remain within my self-set maintenance range of 108 - 110 pounds.
- Weekly weigh in: 110.6. Coming off an incredibly busy and social weekend, I'm very happy with my Wednesday weigh in. I'll likely re-enter the weekend back down to 109, exit it at 110, wash and repeat. I am becoming very comfortable with maintaining a pretty rigid diet during the week, then loosening up just a bit over the weekends. It feels sustainable.
![]() |
What I wore to a theater play on Sunday. I bought the skirt in Brazil during a cruise, and wearing it always brings pleasant memories. |
Fitness:
- Do cardiovascular movement five days out of seven.
- Weekly results:
- I walked and kayaked a total of 24 miles over 5 out of 7 days. All at the beach at this time of year, as it's simply to humid to venture inland to any of our rolling hill trails.
- Do strength training at the gym three days each week.
- Weekly results:
- Did strength training at the gym 0 times. Came so close a few times, but headed outdoors instead. I'm not giving up, as this is extremely important to my long term well being.
Newly added for upcoming weeks:
- Do planking, squats, and push ups daily at home, track progress.
- Weekly results:
- I lost track of this goal, but will pick up beginning today.
Water:
- Consistently consume four glasses a day.
- Weekly results: Continuing to average between 2 - 3 glasses a day, but the positive effects of being more hydrated are clear. Very quickly after consuming a glass of water, any residual fatigue I might be feeling fades away. The same if I'm having thoughts of snacking in between my meals - a glass of water will generally quiet any tendencies to nibble very quickly.
Long Range Goal:
- Find a long distance event to sign up and train for.
- Completed previously - A 10k (6.2 miles) Thanksgiving Day run. Even though I'm not committed to commence training until October, I've begun running small stretches of any walks I do, and it feels good. I have the conditioning in place already to run - what I don't have yet is the speed. That should begun to come with a regular training schedule.
--------------------------------------------
Even though I continue to falter with some of my goals, simply having to document it here strengthens my resolve. I am so appreciative!


No comments:
Post a Comment