Weekend Wrap Up - Recovery Mode Version
I had an outpatient procedure on Friday, which necessitated fasting the entire day, as my procedure wasn't until 4 PM. I had no problem foregoing food, but foregoing my morning coffee created a significant case of caffeine withdrawal that I'm still pondering. I mean, I've given up so many things in order to achieve better energy and continued weight maintenance that the idea of giving up my only remaining treat, coffee, is not something I'm prepared to do!
And, because I'm a nutball, when I weighed myself the morning after my procedure, I had gained two pounds. Online research indicated it was almost certainly due to post-procedure fluid retention, and as of this morning it's pretty much gone, but it still sent me temporarily spinning.
So, Saturday was pretty quiet as I slept off the effects of the anesthesia, but we did go out to a concert event previously scheduled. The concert was at my mom's 55+ community, so very close by and very easy to park and attend. We all enjoyed, particularly the female singer who covered several songs by Stevie Nicks better than I have ever heard.
Coincidentally, we are going to a Fleetwood Mac tribute concert this coming weekend, and it will be interesting to compare vocals.
My mother was a professional singer in her younger years, and while I don't have her voice, I do share her passion for music, and we have similar opinions on vocalists and musicians, which makes for fun and interesting post-concert discussions.
Otherwise, on Sunday my husband and I enjoyed a really beautiful six mile coastal walk in that the humidity that descended here in late July finally broke. It was fabulous to enjoy a cool, not humid, coastal breeze again. When we returned home we turned off the A/C after having had it on at 76 for three straight weeks, and opened all the windows. I've missed fresh air in the house!
This morning is going to be decidedly un-fun in that I have an early AM dental cleaning, followed by a visit with my brain cancer-stricken girlfriend. I've committed to several Mondays keeping her company in order to provide her husband with a caregiving break. I believe he's going to go on a bike ride while I'm there, and I hope it gives him a little time to reboot. Such a hard road they are both on currently.
I plan to go on a long walk after returning home and having lunch. I suspect I'll need the time walking in order to clear my head. I am already grieving my girlfriend's absence in my life in that the brain cancer spread has significantly altered her ability to communicate. Last time we spoke, I told her that she had taught me how to be a better friend, and that I was so very thankful that she had entered my life. That is as close to tiptoeing toward the increasingly likely ending of her story as we've come so far. I take my lead from her, and will continue to do so.
I hope things are well with you and yours, wherever you are.
I'll be more chipper in my Wednesday post, promise!
I hardly over indulged but wasn't as planful as I've been and the scale ket me kniw. I count Friday as my weight in and have had deviations day to day, but have lost 3 pounds in August as of Friday. Back on track today.
ReplyDeleteI too find fasting for a procedure not an issue but coffee is hard to miss a day.