Wednesday Wellness - August #2
It was a good week, so yeah for the accountability this blog provides for me.
Fitness:
- Do cardiovascular movement five days out of seven.
- Week #2 results:
- Did cardio 6 out of 7 days, which included 21 miles of walking, 7 miles of kayaking, and one 60 minute Spin cycling classes.
- Do strength training at the gym three days each week. (I struggle to make myself workout indoors vs outside)
- Week #2 results
- Did strength training at the gym 0 times. 😕
Weight:
- Continue to remain within my self-set maintenance range of 108 - 110 pounds.
- Week #2 weigh in: 110.2
Two of the outfits I put together this week. Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy dressing up just a bit for our away-from-the-house events? 🙂
Water:
- Consistently consume four glasses a day.
- Week #2 results: Averaged between 2 - 3 glasses a day, with nothing but positive results. Water is the anecdote to the occasional fatigue I experience as I move thru my day.
Long Range Goal:
- Find a long distance event to sign up and train for.
- Found my race - A 10k (6.2 miles) Thanksgiving Day run. This should work well in that I'll be back from our upcoming trip to Scotland & Ireland in time to complete this 8 week Runners World training schedule: 10k Eight Week Training Schedule


Im not going to get ahead if myself, but August is going better in the food noise area and Im seeing positive, though slow, results. I had a hunger twinge last night but talked myself into just drinking a glass of water and itvturns out, I was just thirsty. The humidity has zapped my outside resiliency though. You had a great week.
ReplyDeleteEven becoming aware of the food noise is a big step forward in working to overcome it, so I send you all the positive vibes. (Though why it's even there, biologically speaking, is something I don't understand?)
DeleteI have found that eating pretty much the same things Monday thru Friday noon has been helpful, in that it removes me from having to think, and feels like it is now becoming a habit that I'm simply used to.
Because of our projected El Nino winter, our humidity has been higher than I can recall, and I'm finding I need a nap after my outdoor workouts. It really does zap the energy right out of me. So I do get it! But still prefer outdoors to indoors.
Great job!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ms. Whisk! 😊
DeleteI'm always impressed with your exercise log! If you dislike strength training indoors then perhaps taking yourself and a computer outside and following a video would work for you? Your weather could certainly support that.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I learned about myself, Juhli, after reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin many years ago, is that as an extrovert, I do best when I am in the company of other people and their energy. So . . . I either need a workout buddy, or I need to commit to taking a weight training class where I'm assured of other folk's presence and energy. This is one goal I simply must achieve, because I'm increasingly clear on the correlation between muscle strength and daily life vitality as we age.
Delete