Wednesday Wellness - September Week #2
I'm heading off to the British Isles shortly, where in place of my scale, I'll be relying on my trusty travel shorts. They've gone all over the world with me, for no other reason than to act as a stand-in scale. I try them on each morning of any traveling we do, and can tell immediately by their fit, if I'm up, down, or holding steady.
Weight:
- Goal: Continue to remain within my maintenance range of 108 - 110 pounds.
- Weekly weigh in: 108.8. Following my food plan each day is becoming increasingly easier as I continue to strengthen my brain-muscle. I'm not perfect - I still have the occasional slip day - but I get right back on track, and that appears to be much more important in continuing to maintain my 2025 weight loss.
![]() |
What I wore to a recent Club dance. I enjoy putting outfits together to wear to our various social events. Clothing is really my only vice. Well, that and coffee. 😀 |
Fitness:
- Goal: Do cardiovascular movement five days out of seven.
- Weekly results:
- I walked a total of 28 miles over 6 out of 7 days. My anxieties have kicked up a bit this week, a result of stressing over the details of our upcoming travels, and my daily walks help immensely to calm my travel-frenetic brain.
- Goal: Do strength training at the gym three days each week.
- Weekly results:
- Did strength training at the gym 0 times. Will focus on getting there a minimum of two times a week immediately upon our return from our upcoming travels.
- Weekly results:
- Began to incorporate all three into my morning routine, for a success rate of four out of four (began, finally, this past Sunday).
Water:
- Goal: Consistently consume four glasses a day.
- Weekly results: Continuing to average between 2 - 3 glasses a day. I am, however, now consciously thinking about water consumption, particularly during meals and workouts, which is a significant improvement.
Long Range Goal:
- Goal: Find a long distance event to sign up and train for.
- Completed previously - A 10k (6.2 miles) Thanksgiving Day run. Formal training to commence in early October, following this 8 week Hal Higdon plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment