Five Things Making Me Happy Today 2/13
I so enjoy doing these, and you know what? In my experience there is never, ever a shortage of things in life to be happy about, regardless of what else might be going on, so welcome to the February version of My Five Happy Things!
1) I started on this needlepoint project for our soon-to-be-here granddaughter:
I've made two different versions of these birth records already, one for each of my granddaughters (In addition to my daughter's daughter, who we affectionately call 'our girl,' we have a spunky little step-granddaughter that lives with her Mama in Florida, but that we get to see and enjoy several times a year whenever her visits with her Papa in Metro DC coincide with ours, or when she comes out here to visit with us.) I much enjoy needlepoint, but it doesn't really have a place in my home at this point, so to once again have a fun project like this to work on makes me very happy!
2. I signed up for a series of intermediate tennis lessons at a nearby tennis center. And even better, we're in town for all eight of the lessons because we're traveling just a bit less these days.
3. Our backyard remodeling project was officially approved by our HOA. This was about two full months of effort, so it's a big relief to be done with the neighbor and HOA negotiating. Anticipated start date is mid-March, and once completed we'll have an expanded upstairs balcony complete with spiral stairs leading down to the backyard, and a totally re-done, newly low maintenance yard. Very excited for our landscaper to get going on this!
|Our new landscape will include lots of gray paver stones like in this photo,|
plus artificial turf and slow growing native California grasses. Excited!
4. I started sleeping through the night without needing to run a fan. The master bedroom in our new home is downstairs, so it's much, much cooler at night than our prior home's upstairs master bedroom was. However, after 25 years of running a fan at night in our prior home, I was rather addicted to the white noise. Since the weather began cooling here come winter, I've worked to wean myself off of it, and I finally managed to do so starting two nights ago. I'm looking forward to the welcome decrease, even if small, in our monthly electric bill.
5. And finally, we're entertaining this weekend and I'm making the most amazing risotto, and the most luscious chocolate cake! I'm thankful and happy that I enjoy preparing home cooked meals for our friends and family. Not only is it more economically than dining out, it makes our guests feel special, it creates a lovely sense of coziness, and possibly best of all, we get to keep and enjoy all the leftovers.
Here are the recipes for both items I'm making, so you can generate a little at-home happiness also!
That's it for me, so now it's your turn - What's making you happy today? Please share below!