Winter Bucket List - Update #1
Welcome to Update #1 of how I'm doing on my 10 Things Winter Bucket List!
This is our first winter along the coast, and we are so enjoying discovering a whole host of new activities as a result. So if I appreciated these Bucket Lists before, I'm really appreciating them now in that they force me to keep reaching just a little bit higher. Which is exactly how I like to go about this thing called life!
And as always, I'm linking up with a group of other terrific bloggers to share Winter Bucket List updates from those of us in the northern hemisphere, plus Summer Bucket Lists from the gals Down Under, so be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to see who else is participating, and to visit their blogs for additional change-of-season inspiration.
Update #1 for 10 Things On My Winter Bucket List
2. Go for a
3. Make three new crockpot recipes. In Process. I made crockpot recipe #1, this Indian slow cook chicken curry by Anupy Singla. I added everything in the recipe except for the methi leaves because a) Sprouts didn't carry this item in it's bulk spice area*, and I wasn't willing to buy an entire bottle when I'd likely never use it again, and 2) the recipe indicated it was optional. (*Which is what I did for the more exotic ingredients in the dish like cardamom pods and garam masala - I bought only what I needed at Sprouts, spending less than $1.00 combined.)
The meal turned out very nice, with the chicken tender and fragrant. I served it over rice, with lots of chopped cilantro on top, and greek yogurt on the side.
4. Make hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps. Pending.
5. Attend the Palms Springs International Film Festival. Yes! We enjoyed 13 movie viewings from a variety of countries including Israel, Lebanon, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the Czech Republic and Germany.
6. Go hiking in the desert while we are there. Yes! We took three hikes up and around Palm Spring's Lykken trail, which we are able to easily access from the RV Park we stayed at during our visit. And on our first time on the trail we finally came across the big horn sheep that live in the area, that have alluded us for years, so that was an unexpected bonus!
|The elusive big horn sheep. Always a thrill to see wildlife in the, well, wild!|
7. Start taking tennis lessons. Pending.
8. Spend an evening reading by the fireplace. Yes! And have been doing so an a fairly frequent basis upon realizing how nice it is to do so with a little fire burning, and soft music playing in the background. And why I enjoy doing these bucket lists so much - they get me to do all kind of wonderful things I likely wouldn't get around to otherwise!
9. See all of the movies being nominated for a 2018 Oscar. Pending. The nominees should be announced this week, and then we can get started, although we're hedging our bet and going to see Oscar-nominee shoe in, The Post, today.
10. Travel up to Central California to watch the winter birthing of baby elephant seals at Ano Nuevo State Park. Pending.
Did you create a Winter Bucket List? How are you doing with it if so?