Wellness Wednesday Series - 2018 Wellness Goals
Oh my goodness, is this series, sponsored by the wonderful Natalie of Natalie The Explorer, coming along at just the right time. After a month of holiday fun, feasting and frivolity it’s time to get back to the basics of good health and overall well being as we kick off 2018.
My Ten Wellness Goals For 2018
1. Reduce processed sugar calories to no more than 100 per day.
2. Increase water intake to 8 glasses per day.
3. Add in 2x a week of strength training.
4. Add in 2x a week of yoga.
5. Train for one long distance biking event.
6. Train for one backpacking event.
7. Limit gluten-containing items to no more than 100 calories per day.
8. Begin meditating 2x daily, five minutes each time to begin.
9. Initiate internet-free Sunday’s.
10. Lose ten pounds by signing up for an internet support program.
(You might note an absence of anything pertaining to cardio exercises in my Wellness list above. That’s because I already do hours and hours of cardio weekly, and have since my 20’s. 😊)
So that’s my list, both easy and challenging at the same time. I’m eager to get started in that I’d like this year, my 55th on the planet, to be the best one yet.
I want to invite you all to not only visit the blogs of some of the other Wellness participants below, but to consider joining us. We’ll be posting updates the second Wednesday of each month throughout 2018, so there is plenty of time to climb on board the Wellness train. Or, just join in by leaving a reply on how you are doing with YOUR wellness goals!