TBB Asks: New Year, New You?
Today I'm joining in with some other bloggers via The Blended Blog to answer 12 questions about my hopes and plans for the New Year. I so enjoyed being able to join in on this month's Q&A, in that it's gotten me all fired up with determination to make this year, my 55th here on this planet, the best one yet!
The Blended Blog Asks:
1. Resolutions or No Resolutions? Resolutions! I do try to do them in the form of a life plan for the year, and I definitely give myself slack. I'm aiming for progress, not perfection!
2. Love snow or No Snow? No snow. Because we can do this instead on New Years Day, yeah!
4. Would you rather have a new Hair cut or Hair color? New haircut. I already have lovely highlights and lowlights woven throughout my hair thanks to my wonderful stylist, but I mess with my haircut all the time. In fact, I just had my bob shortened by my stylist a few days ago, and I'm much enjoying it.
5. Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year? Join a tennis club. I love tennis with a passion, and clubs abound here, as do tennis courts (we have ten, for example, just in our home association), plus who doesn't love wearing a tennis skirt? ;-)
6. Least Favorite thing about January? Gosh, I'd have to say nothing! We have been enjoying gorgeous weather here along the coast, our first January here in our new coastal location. We've been able to be outside pretty much daily doing something active with no concerns about the heat!
|Tidepooling on a warm January day.|
7. Most Favorite thing about January? Making new resolutions. I love the idea of reinventing myself and my life each year, even if I don't always succeed. Plus, it's the beginning of whale season here, our first time experiencing this amazing event as 'locals.'
8. When do you take down your Holiday decorations? Inside the house they come down just a couple of days after Christmas; on the 27th this year. Outside the house they come down on New Year's day. I want my New Year to start fresh, without any remnants from the prior year.
9. Do you diet in January? Yep. Each and every year I resolve to lose ten pounds, though I don't diet so much as try to eliminate the things I know are not in my best interest to consume.
10. What area of your home do you want to organize the most? Our garage! The inside of my home is pretty organized due to moving, then reflooring (having new flooring put down necessitates emptying out closets, and motivates me to purge in the process), but I feel like our garage is never quite as organized as I'd like, no matter how many times we go through it . . . stuff just seems to continual migrate out there!
11. Favorite Winter Comfort Food? Crockpot cooking. The shorter days of winter make being in my kitchen in the evening a bit less pleasant, (as opposed to summer, when we have the doors thrown open, the fountain running, the patio table set, and the outside grill lit and ready to go) so I appreciate being able to prep my dinner while it's still light outside, and simply sit down and eat come dinnertime.
12. Favorite Guilty Pleasure? Reading while cozied up under a blanket, a mug of something warm in my hands.
All done, and now I'm off to get started on some of the items I've listed. Thank you ladies for letting me play along!
Care to share a few of your own thoughts on your hopes and plans for 2018? Please do play along and leave a comment below!