Five Things Making Me Happy Today 10/19
Fall is here, and I for one am loving every moment of our slightly cooler temperatures, the only real thing that signals seasonal changes here in Southern California. Of course, we do still have our occasional heat waves, but they pass on through pretty quickly at this time of year.
So here are five things making me happy today:
- I recently discovered that my convection microwave really does 'bake!' I was initially skeptical when told about the microwave's dual function during our realtor's tour of the house, but this weekend I finally got around to using it to bake some sweet potatoes while my 'real' oven was occupied, and darn'd if it didn't work just like a regular convection oven. Meaning, I was able to wrap my sweet potatoes in tin foil as I normally would, though I admit I stood nervously watching for several minutes to make sure the microwave didn't burst into flames! I'm so excited to have the usage of a second oven for those few times a year when I need it!
The microwave up top bakes, it really, really bakes!
- While FaceTiming with our granddaughter recently she called my husband and I her friends, which is toddler speak, I think, for letting us know we are part of her inner circle of safe people. Or, maybe she thinks of us as friends because we have so much fun playing together. Either way, I'll take it!
- My older daughter dropped by over the weekend just to hang out together, and we had a lovely time. She and I have had our share of difficult years, so to have her want to come by for no real reason other then to spend time with us is something I continue to cherish.
- Our backyard, which continues to bring us joy on so many levels. Toward the end of our older daughter's recent visit we hung out on the balcony watching the sun slowly set over the ocean, and this morning we enjoyed watching a roadrunner sitting atop our wrought iron fence fluffing his or her feathers while we ate breakfast at our kitchen table.
- This photo a member of my Facebook neighborhood group recently posted of our gorgeous S. Orange County shoreline, perfectly capturing the little slice of paradise I am now privileged to call home.
What's making you happy today? Please share!