Welcome to Update #1 of how I'm doing on my 10 Things Autumn Bucket List!
So already I am feeling much better about limiting my Autumn Bucket List to just 10 items. Not only are they much easier to keep track of and schedule, it has taken a bit of the pressure off that I self-created when making my prior seasonal lists much longer. I may find myself revved right back up come winter, but for now the size of my Autumn list feels positively perfect!
And just like the last time, I'm linking up with a group of other terrific bloggers to share Autumn Bucket List updates from those of us in the northern hemisphere, plus Spring Bucket Lists from the gals Down Under, so be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to see who else is participating, and to visit their blogs for additional change-of-season inspiration.
Progress Report #1 for 10 Things On My Autumn Bucket List
- Celebrate my granddaughter's 3rd birthday! Yes! We celebrated by taking her to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland, where we had an absolutely fabulous time together. She loved everything about the aquarium, from the touch tank filled with touchable sea jellies, to the dolphin training show, to the scuba divers cleaning the enormous tide pool tank - and yes, following the scuba divers around the tank provided enormous entertainment!
- Roast marshmallows with granddaughter. Yes! She loved, loved, loved roasting them, but the eating of them not so much. Turns out she prefers her marshmallows straight from the package!
Once I cleaned off the charred outer layer, she was game to give a nibble!
- Attend a Halloween event. Yes! We attended an event at our beloved Ocean Institute, and had a really terrific time. We ended up at a table with two other couples near our age, and had so much fun that at the end of the evening we all exchanged emails and agreed to meet up again at a nearby restaurant that hosts live music on the weekends. Score!
- Attend an Octoberfest event. In Process. We have tickets to an event that will be occurring next week.
- Make three new soups. In Process. I made this Lemony Chicken And Rice Soup with a few alterations. Firstly, I left out the egg yolks, which substantially reduced the calories in this otherwise calorie-light soup. As a result, I think it's better suited for nights when you are looking for a light meal, or as a lunchtime soup, which is what I ended up doing after first attempting to serve it for dinner - My spouse ended up hungrily devouring some peanut butter on crackers a little bit later in the evening! I also kept the rice separate from the soup, adding it to each bowl separately, so as not to have the rice absorb all the soup's liquid. The soup really was delicious in spite of all of my above disclaimers; absolutely chock full of flavor!
From official website.
- Cook or bake something with pumpkin in it. Pending.
- Finish reading Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton. In Process. Slogging my way through this very long book, slowly but surely! I'm currently at 20%, with five weeks still to go before we attend the actual live performance in Los Angeles next month.
- Listen to Hamilton soundtrack. In Process. I have it loaded onto my computer, and I've been reading through the song lyrics one by one, keeping pace with my reading of the above book. I'll start playing the music this week throughout the house now that the last of the contractors has departed.
- Run the Dana Point Turkey Trot. In Process. My older daughter and her significant other are registered, now the rest of us just need to get our acts together!
- Take a family photo on Thanksgiving Day. Pending.
My count indicates that so far I have three of my 10 items completed, five more in process, and just two still pending. I think it's looking good for 100% completion this time around, so be sure to check back on November 21 for my next Autumn Bucket List Update!