I'm updating this post daily, so be sure to check back and see how our whole house cosmetic re-do is going!
Fellow blogger, Juhli, over at A Boomer Girl's Guide inspired me with a recent post about setting monthly goals. Since September is going to be both stressful and significant with regard to finishing up a total cosmetic makeover of our new home, I thought I'd go ahead and make my own list of goals so that I can then return here and check off in order to assure myself that, yes, progress is being made.
- Demolish all existing flooring other than newly tiled bathrooms/laundry room. Done!
- Paint entire interior of home, including a complete transformation of this 1980's era oak stair railing into a fresh and modern 2017 version. Done!
- Install new interior door handles. Done!
- Install remaining new dual pane windows. Done!
- Install new hardwood flooring. In Process!
- Install new entry and dining room lighting fixtures.
- Install new shutters and mounted shades.
- Install new cabinet handles.
- Install new bathroom wall fixtures.
- Install new dimmer switches and GFI outlets.
- Replace all existing wall outlets and switches with new in light almond.
- Replace florescent light in laundry room with canned lighting.
- Hand pictures and mirrors throughout house.
- Arrange for disposal/pickup of all home decor items no longer wanted.