Today I'm joining in with some other bloggers via The Blended Blog to answer 23 questions about my summertime likes and loves. Feel free to add your two cents worth in the comments section below!
The Blended Blog Asks:
1. Pool, lake, or ocean? Well I'll bet you can all guess this one . . . clearly it's ocean!
2. Camping, cottage or hotel? Cottage! Yes, we backpack, but if I could roll up to a warm bed and shower each night on the trail, trust me I would!
3. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Anything with lots of added stuff - Turtle Pecan Caramel, Peanut Butter Cup, Coconut Chocolate Almond, Caramel Pralines & Cream - you get the drift.
4. PJ's, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit? T-shirt/Shorts. I don't know a woman past 50 that can bear PJ's or a nightgown, and my birthday suit hasn't felt quite right since I left my 20's!
5. Fave Summer Beverage? Sun tea!
6. Would you rather be hot or cold. Cold! See #4 above. ;-)
7. Sandals with heels or flats? Sandals with heels. I always feel thinner and sexier when I add a little height!
8. Shorts or skirts? Shorts around the house, because I can bend over without danger(!), but skirts when out and about.
9. Sit in the sun or the shade? The shade, always. See, again, #4 above. ;-)
10. Water, tea or soda? Usually water, sometimes tea, rarely, rarely, like maybe never, soda.
11. Fave summer fruit, vegetable? Fruit: Nectarines. Vegetable: Sweet Corn.
12. Sunrise or sunset? Sunset, because you don't have to get up as early, plus you can watch it with a glass of wine in hand and not get side eye from anyone!
13. Bike ride or walk? Oh, this one is tough because I love both modes, but I'll go with walk because it can be done virtually anywhere without needing anything special beside your feet. Plus, biking clothes are not terribly flattering on most women(!).
14. Winery or brewery? Winery, winery, winery! I mean, we belong to a wine society for goodness sake!
15. Garden or no garden? In my heart of hearts, I'm thinking 'No garden.' Just give me something pretty to look at that doesn't need to be taken care of, please.
16. Big summer concert or music in the park? Music in the park. I dislike big, crowded venues intensely these days. I'll always default to something more intimate given the choice.
17. Fave cookout food? Slow cooked baby back ribs finished on the grill with BBQ sauce. Yum. Mee.
18. Dine indoors or on patio? Patio! This is the view from our backyard, including that little slice of Pacific Ocean to the right, so, yep, we eat out there as often as we possibly can.
19. Fave summer destination? Prior to our move I would have said RV'ing at the ocean. Now that we are here, and can see it daily from our home, I would drill down and say experiencing Pageant of the Masters every summer in Laguna Beach. Always magical in its gorgeous outdoor setting.
21. Drinks blended or on the rocks? Blended. I do love me a blended strawberry or peach margarita. Or pina colada. Or daiquiri.
22. Popsicle or freezie flavor of choice? Popsicle, preferably from this amazing list I saw posted at a food stand recently:
23. Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger! Ideally with blue cheese, caramelized onions and a big strip of bacon.
Bonus question: Drive in or movie theater? Drive in! Oh how I miss those bastions of my youth, where I saw Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy, An Officer And A Gentleman, and so many other summer blockbusters.
Thank you ladies for letting me play along!