Five Things Making Me Happy Today 5/9
So much silence over here! We've been very, very distracted with house hunting, not to mention amazed at the different price points between various communities. And so that you can share our
|In near-the-coast Aliso Viejo.|
|In at-the-coast Newport Beach.|
We have much work to do before coming to a final decision on whether to stay put, or move closer to the coast (22 miles away from where we live currently). Either way I think this will have been a good process for us. If we move, it's because we think living near enough to the coast to access it by foot, not to mention car and bike, will improve our day-to-day quality of life. If we elect to stay, or move to a different home, but in the same general area, it's because we'll have realized how much we value what we already have in our current location.
So onward to Five Things That Are Making Me Happy Today!
- Avocados - With eggs at breakfast, with a sandwich at lunch, in a salad or on enchiladas at dinner, this single seeded fruit (I looked it up!) is like a little bit of heaven each time I slice one in half and see it's creamy green lushness. Yum.
- Bananas - Ironically, they are not my favorite fruit in general, but when added in frozen chunks into my daily acai bowl they absolutely rock.
- My granddaughter - From calling stars 'twinkles,' to asking me to play 'pieces' with her (puzzles), to telling me excitedly via Facetime recently that she saw 'dos, tres, siete bunnies,' (i.e. too many to count Nana!), this little girl is my sun and my moon.
- Being able to run again without pain, even if it's just a mile. Forward progression, I keep reminding myself, forward progression.
- Mexican food, ``'nuff said.
What things are making you happy today? Please share with us here!