March In A Sentence A Day
Greetings! Today I'm joining in with some other fab bloggers to share how we spent our month in just one sentence a day. Editing myself down to just a single sentence was tough, I discovered - apparently it's much easier for me to be wordy than concise! And, although I did manage to limit each day to just one sentence, there might be a few that qualify as run-ons. (Insert blush emoji here)
Poor sentence structuring not withstanding, it was really interesting to look back and see how the month went. My takeaway is that while it was a pretty diverse month, I think it could have been even more so with just a little additional effort. So I'm doubling down in April . . . stay tuned!
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to see who else is participating,
and to visit their blogs for additional March Sentence A Day inspiration!
March In A Sentence A Day
- I am so thankful for the technology that let me 'attend' an art class broadcast live from the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington DC.
- Attended my bi-weekly Chalice Circle, where 12 people share on a variety of topics in a safe, non-judgemental gathering.
- Hosted my niece and her friend, both in for the weekend from Texas.
- Enjoyed a long, hilly hike with my niece and her friend, followed by a delicious late breakfast afterward at one of my favorite OC breakfast cafes, Alicia's Cookery.
- Booked back-to-back early 2018 trips to New Zealand and Australia with Road Scholar, plus Fiji and American Samoa as on-our-own extensions.
- Enjoyed an eight mile hike with my spouse under perfect 70 degree winter-blue skies.
- Had lunch with a friend who may not succeed in overcoming her battle with lung cancer, which put my life into perspective pronto.
- Backyard re-landscaping project finally completed!
- Enjoyed a gorgeous, sunny walk along Seal Beach this afternoon, prior to meeting our daughter for dinner at her nearby apartment.
- Attended a wine tasting dinner with our wine society featuring a viticulture talk and pours from the winemaker at Alexander Valley Vineyards.
- Enjoyed a fun drinks & dinner get together with friends that got even more fun after we'd all enjoyed some Moscow Mules.
- After returning home from our third night out in a row, this time a Mardi Gras-themed jazz festival, agreed that we're no longer up to burning the candle at both ends!
- Incredibly interesting book club discussion about John Steinbeck's The Winter of Our Discontent, which turned out to be a compelling study of the ramifications of our choices when they are less than moral.
- Lazy, do-not-much day. the result of the house being torn up again for our latest remodeling project, leaving me no place to land.
- A great discussion over dinner with our movie group about the recently Oscar-nominated film Lion.
- Toured a fabulous Pop Art Exhibit at the OC Museum of Art, with my art alliance group, followed by lunch at Tommy Bahama Newport Beach, which unfortunately ended on a less-than-positive note when one of my tablemates insisted on bringing up politics.
- Listened to Pandora on my new iPhone for the first time during a six mile race walk, meaning current, fast, pop music the entire time.
- Fabulous musical concert and Mexican food dinner with a big group of friends from our Lifelong Learning program.
- Did a glorious eight hike in our recently reopened neighborhood state park, closed for months due to rare, non-stop S. California winter rainstorms.
- Excited - our new office cabinetry started going in!
- Depressed - discovered that the change order for our office countertops got misfiled, so completion will not be occurring today as originally scheduled.
- Motivated to raise the bar on the adventurous side of life after attending the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour tonight.
- Attended a very funny musical, Something Happened On The Way To The Forum, by Stephen Sondheim.
- Dinner with our Foreign Foods group at an Irish Pub with delicious cocktails; Macallans Public House.
- Sent my husband off solo to The Metropolitan Opera - Live in HD event we had tickets for in order to stay home, boo, because installation of our office hardwood flooring got moved from the 24th to today at the last minute.
- Dinner at the scenic Coliseium Grill, located poolside at The Resort at Pelican Hill.
- Packed, emptied the fridge and printed lots of docs for our upcoming trip.
- Flew to metro-DC to see our granddaughter, yeah!
WatchedPlayed with our granddaughter all day while Mom and Dad were at work . . . so fun!
- A very patriotic visit to Fort McHenry, the place where Francis Scott Key penned The Star Spangled Banner during the War of 1812.
- Spent rainy day inside doing detailed trip planning for our upcoming overnight stays in Wilmington, NC, Charleston, SC and Richmond, VA.