You know how when life gives you lemons, if you are a positive-leaning type person, you try and make lemonade? Well, I thought that would be a great exercise for me to practice today in that this happened yesterday:
They forgot to make the countertops for our new office cabinetry. :-(
This really is a reputable company that we have done business with multiple times before. What occurred was that a change order for our countertops midway through the project got filed away instead of being processed. The good news is that they are rushing through the remaining order, though it may not make it in time to be done before our upcoming trip back east.
So onward to A Few Things Making Me Happy Today!
- The State Park up the street from us finally opened after being closed for weeks and weeks due to California's ongoing winter rains. We did an eight mile hike there a couple of days ago, and it was glorious! The greenest we've seen it in over 25 years.
- I found a group of active women to bicycle with one day a week. I love bicycling, but it is not something I care to do alone due to all the things that can go wrong - flat tires, accidents, remote riding areas - so to stumble on a group of female riders that go at my pace and wish to start training together for long road events is so exciting!
- Tonight is the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour event we've been attending for almost five years now. I always come home from this event fired up to do more in my life!
- I've been waiting all winter for the Red Bird of Paradise in my front yard to do what my landscaper said it would do when he planted in last August - to go from the plain-looking plant below, to the more gorgeous plant in full bloom. Well, as of yesterday it's finally starting to send out new shoots. Excited!
- And finally, just one week from today we will be happily playing with our granddaughter once again. Can. Not. Wait.
Plans and Goals for Today
- Racewalk six miles
- Pick up baseboards for home office project. (New hardwood flooring goes down on Friday, yeah!)
- Drop off a load items at Goodwill.
- Do ironing
- Read a chapter in April Book Club selection, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- Do 30 minutes of Spanish study
- Hair appointment
- Attend Banff Mountian Film Festival World Tour