A Few Frugal Things 3/15
Inspired by the wonderful Kristen over at The Frugal Girl, I enjoy trying to do five frugal things each week to offset those parts of our life where frugality doesn't necessarily reign.
|So cute and just $2.13!|
- Used a $10 off $10 JCPenney coupon to purchase a cute spring outfit for my granddaughter. Final cost after coupon was $2.13.
- Remembered to bring and use a $5 off coupon for a local restaurant we meet at each month with our movie group.
- Used a $25 savings coupon on dinner for four at Buca di Beppo, where food is served family style (another savings), plus a second coupon for same restaurant to have a free birthday cake delivered to our table in celebration of my sister-in-law's birthday.
- Took a nice bottle of our own wine to 3. above and paid a small corkage fee instead of buying it at the restaurant for everyone, which would have run at least three times the retail price of the bottle, plus tax and tip on the inflated value.
- Menu planned, including utilizing what I already had in my freezer. As a result, this week's grocery spend came in at just $45.23, $54.77 under our $100 weekly budget. We set aside all grocery money not utilized in an envelope that we then donate to a local food bank each quarter.
That's it for us this week!
Goals and Plans for Today
Get spouse's office ready for painters to do their thing today.
Sixty minute workout at the gym.
Menu planning and grocery shopping.
Completion of Art Alliance articles for upcoming Spring newsletter.
Begin reading April book club selection The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.
More detail planning for our upcoming East Coast trip.
Attend monthly dinner and movie discussion of Lion.